Dec 12, 2006

A problem with authority-

Well, i have a problem ad as usual no one seems to be able to help me so maybe you guys can you seem to know alot more than the others... I plan on having a Black history forum ad of course I'm starting early (I'm dealing with my people) to start early i need to get OUR account info from OUR advisor. Here's a little history- she is a very busy lawyer who is a single mom and a professor and blah.. blah.. I have been calling her on her cell 4 times a day and i call the office and i get the same "secretarial" answer. She is a white lady and race has nothing to do with it but she doesn't know who i am dealing with SUBR! what do i do i am trying to prior plan because that alone prevents a piss poor performance, but i cant get people to move with me. And also what are some freshman recruitment ideas.. "help me PLEASE"...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to a higher authority. Can you do that?

Write a polite letter to the president. Meet the president of the school. Get some attention.

I.C. Jackson said...

Your situation is not as dire as it seems...

Don't let this be a problem with authority; let it be a lesson in leadership.

Leaders like to lead self-motivated people, and they hate having to micromanage. So, simply start planning the event, outlining the basics. Write up a proposed program, budget, the works. Then, set up an appointment with your advisor, bring it to her office, and let her approve what she can approve right then and there, and work out any kinks that there might be.

She will appreciate your proactivity, and you will probably get everything (or at least most) of what you want.

Tell me how that works out,

I.C. Jackson

Anonymous said...

This is Bishop Coleman, Anthony, please call me I will see what other resources and options that are avaialbe to you at SUBR. It was a great first step to do the debate. It seemd to be just the same old problem of slothfulness and last minute, when it come to the African American Voter